Bila baca info dalam laman tu, barulah aku tau rupanya durian ni ada macam-macam jenis dan nama. Aku ingat sama jer. Yang aku tau pun durian D24. tu jer. Turut dikongsikan adalah 6 langkah-langkah untuk memilih durian yang baik. Memandangkan ia satu info yang menarik, so aku kongsikan di sini.
Most Delicious Durians
|Ang Hae |
|Ho Lor ||Cheh Phoay Kia||Gan Ja|
|11||Ka pi li||Xiao Hung |
|24||Ang Bak Kia||Kun Bao Hong|| Cheh Phoay 15 |
(Green Skin 15)
|Ping Tang |
|Tap Pang||Ang Jin ||Yang Thao |
|301||Durian Tauke |
|604||Qing Ping Guo |
|Huang Jiang |
|Tek Kha |
|Pan Shan |
Here are the less popular ones:
|M5||Tam Tu||92||Li Pan|
|15||703||Durian Batu |
Please know that these are not all the durians in the world, these are just some of the durians we plant in our farm. There are probably more than 5000 kinds of durian in the world ?? If you have a closer estimate, please let me know.
How to Choose a Good Durian / 6 Steps to Choosing A Good Durian
First of all, what is a good durian? For us, a good durian is one that is ripe, fresh and free from larvae/worms. However, a durian with worm doesn't mean it is not good because it can still be delicious.
So how do you know if a durian is good or fresh? Here are some steps you can try when looking for a good durian:
- Look at the tip, if it is too dry means it is no longer fresh. A little dry is okay.
- Look at the bottom, if it is crack it may be over-ripe or not so fresh. But it still can be delicious.
- Smell the durian, if there is a strong smell, it is most likely good. If there is no smell, it is probably not ripe.
- Use your fingernails to scratch the durian, if it sounds hollow it is likely to be a good one.
- Put the durian close to your ear, shake it and listen carefully, if there is a 'moving' sound, it is likely to be good.
- Look for holes around the durian, if there is tiny hole somewhere, there is likely to be a worm (larva of an insect) that has burrow into it.
- Yes, there is actually a 7th step, but it's not going to be useful. If you have the chance to open the durian, open it and taste it. :)
Ways Of Opening A Durian
There are few ways to open the durian. Some might find opening a durian just too difficult, so I'll list other methods in case you want to try another way.
- Use a short knife, one that is slightly bigger than the standard swiss army knife- most durian farmers use this.
- Use a big knife, the one for chopping meat - ladies love to use this.
- Use bare hands - works well for some over-ripe durians.
- Use a special durian opener, which is made of wood. Not exactly sure where you can find this tool.
- Use a chainsaw - works very well, but not encouraged. If you're gonna open one this way, shoot a video and send it to me afterwards, yeah? Thanks.
sumber rujukan : penangdurianfarm.com (thanks )